Most of my time at the computer yesterday was spent working on an unofficial syndication of the broadcast archive for the Swedish radio show P3 Rytm. It’s actually quite simple… 🙂
- Use curl to download the web page broadcast archive for the show
- Use iconv to convert the page to UTF-8
- Use tidy to convert HTML to XHTML
- Use sed to adjust some URLs
- Use xsltproc and an XSLT script to transform the relevant parts of the web page to an XML that almost is an Atom feed
- Use sed to convert the dates in the XML so they are in the right format. It’s now a proper Atom feed.
Update Of course there are several online services to automate this. (Read the comments too.)