Ward Cunningham tweeted a link to an ad for an Agile Ruby Developer at AboutUs, Inc. Out of curiosity I took a look and it sounds like a fantastic opportunity for someone!
What I liked most about the job ad was the last part:
We’re hiring you for your mind. Please showcase it by answering some of the following questions in your cover letter:
- What is a recent programming insight you discovered and what was intriguing about it?
- Why do you want to work with us? (be specific!)
- What Open Source communities/projects are you a part of and why do you like them?
- Tell us about a time you brought initiative to your team and made a positive change.
- What modern programmer do you admire and why?
- How do you learn and keep up with the field of computing?
These questions really appeal to me!